Saturday, September 18, 2010

My gut is a genius...

I find each time a chapter in my story ends I seem to look back and remember moments, evaluate them, and then in my case cringe and want to find a rather large rock to stick my head under... These are the "what was I thinking" moments. These moments come to me regularly by not listening to my "gut instincts". In hindsight, I have come to realize that my "gut" is absolutely brilliant about everything. It is, without a doubt, a summa cum laude genius.

I can trace many of my less than genius moments to the past five years of life changing bad decisions and disasterous ideas. I stress the past five years because it is the beginning of my full press participation in the arsenic system of family law, and my participation and captivation of the acrimony that ensued. Now you may be thinking five years of life changes in family law seems a bit excessive, and I completely agree however, this appears to be perfectly normal in the world of family law.

In these past five years, I have been told some really amazing things. I have seen some really amazing things. I have agreed to some really amazing thing ... and all the while my gut is screaming "Stop! Don't do it, Don't listen, Don't look, oh man don't sign that!" ...meanwhile, my brain is saying "No, its ok, they must know what they are talking about, you don't know about this stuff, you don't want to appear to be difficult or not nice, just do it" Did I mention my brain is an idiot ...I really should have listened to the genius gut...

... C.

No comments:

Post a Comment